Friday 24 February 2012

Voluntary work helping out pressure washing kennels at Clarks Greyhound Rescue




After seeing an advert in the local magazine about Clarks Farm Greyhound Rescuehttp://www.clarksfarmgreyhounds.org.uk/ I would of loved to have taken on one, but as | already have a terrier and not having the time and space for another dog i emailed and offered my services to clean out the kennels or anything else that they'd like me to do and after receiving a email back from Jo Patmore went over had a look round and arranged to go over and give the kennels a good clean, so I arrived this morning got acquainted with the dogs and started giving the inside and outside kennels a good clean.
I cleaned a good number throughout the day ably helped by Clare and Jake who had to move all the dogs around into different kennels whilst I cleaned, with room for just under 100 and only having around 65 on site at the time there was room enough.

With the cleaning done and all my equipment packed away, i thought there was one more thing that I could do to help out and that was walk some of the dogs and get them out into the fields opposite so I got given two of the lovely greyhounds called Pearl and Pecan and we went for a good half hour brisk walk with a little bit of jogging thrown in for good measure around the fields and fishing lakes opposite the farm and with time on my side when I got back I offered to give another a walk and this time got given Miley a livelier greyhound who really did want to run and covered the same ground in a quicker time than with the two bitches.
I cleaned a good number throughout the day ably helped by Clare and Jake who had to move all the dogs around into different kennels whilst I cleaned, with room for just under 100 and only having around 65 on site at the time there was room enough.

So I had a good day it may not have been my usual patio or driveway cleaning but a change is always good for the soul and I know Ill go back and help out in any way I can, if I finish a job early I'll pop in and give a couple of the dogs a walk around the field and if they need any more cleaning done then Ill gladly give up my time as they do a wonderful job re homing the greyhounds and like I said at the beginning I cant adopt one at the moment but never say never.
http://www.clarksfarmgreyhounds.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment