Thursday 17 May 2012

Back from Ibiza straight into Working Flat Out

Sorry for lack of effort with the blog for last couple of weeks but really thanks to whoever is reading about what happens with the business but as the title says this aint really about the business and as the title says ive had an enjoyable week in the sun and it was sunny all day, every day, what we all could do with a week of just dry weather especially me so I can get all the sealing jobs done that have been lined up.

I originally was only going to go for the equivalent of a weekend Monday to Wednesday as was only £60 return from Southend Airport on easyjet but as the weather was so bad I thought sod it ill go till the Saturday as 5 days out there will be plenty enough and a new flight was only £35.



The new and the old i'd have either one but of course prefer the super yacht, I like my history and last month how Captain James Hook and the mighty British Navy destroyed the French fleet when we battled for Quebec and all of Canada and after that smashed the Spanish to smithereens as well so in the 18th Century we were the dogs bollocks.

And so looking at things to do in Ibiza I saw that a replica Spanish galleon from the era was moored at Ibiza town for 2 weeks so thought I'd take a look no wonder they got beat our Ships had up to 74 cannon this had easy less than 15.

But whilst waiting for the Galleon to open as I done the typically English thing and arrived an hour and a half before the thing opened it being there siesta so had time to spare and walked round Dalt Vila which is the old fortrified Ibiza town and it was impessive.




And then went to a Spanish tapas restaurant opposite the harbour and at the time I didnt know that it would be the loveliest tapas and food that I had in my week in Ibiza and very good on price as well out of all of them and I did eat quite well trying few different bits, but the food Formentura restaurant Ibiza town was the best and then I looked it up on tripadvisor http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g664638-d2195760-Reviews-Formentera_Restaurant-Ibiza_Town_Ibiza_Balearic_Islands.html

That was my amount of culture after that I really enjoyed myself.

But then I ended up missing the flight home didn't even make it near the airport, met one mate, met another mate, then in the hotel when I went back to get my bag i got chatting to the very lovely guapa Spanish women who worked at the hotel her english was better than my Spanish.

But I'm willing to learn so anyone want to help who has skpe message me I need it, but anyway i asked them to book me a taxi looked at the check ins looked at my phone yep time had passed so instead of a taxi Ill have a room and got back Monday night into Southend cost me £100 to fly home at short notice but I had a great extra 2 days so was worth it.

Having easyjet at Southend is so easy and if you dont use it ya silly as nearly all who are reading this are from Essex and its on easy train line got off the flight at 10.15 and I was thinking Im going to have to get a taxi from Wickford to Burnham easy £40 same price as flight, but there was a train to Burnham so got home for nothing.

Thanks for reading sorry if I've ranted but I do really love Ibiza and through out the week I was away I'd like to thank the customers who were understanding and waited until I got back for me to come round and quote for them and especially Catherine and Barry have moved there times around to accommodate my travelling.

Because I'm going to Amsterdam for 24 hours fly out Monday afternoon and flying back Tuesday evening all for £80 return easyjet Southend again, I was hoping to stay in the same hostel as my mate who I'm going to see and haven't seen since our season in Ibiza in 99.

He got a £20 dorm room in this new boutique hostel out there  http://www.cocomama.nl/ but when I went to book they had a 2 night stay policy.

So saw they were on facebook messaged them and asked if I could stay for one night due to me coming to see my mate or could they recommend a good one near by and lovely Anika and Lotje got back to me and changed there policy for that day on there system so i could stay there cost me more than the cheap £20 but I get my own room and it was reasonable.

So really should have put in to 2 posts but I've been away from here for 2 weeks and a lots happened.

Tom

www.EssexJetwash.co.uk - I paid for this one

www.Patio-Cleaning.com - I built this one






No comments:

Post a Comment